This Is the Story of How I Found Her for Him

Life in my house was always loud. My family? Chaotic, noisy, and sometimes downright bonkers. But there was love. Lots of it. I lived with the Verma family, and if you asked me, I’d say I was the only sane one in the house.

Take last Tuesday, for example. Anvesh’s mom was yelling because his dad misplaced the car keys—again. His sister, Aditi, was on the phone with her friends, talking about some celebrity scandal, while their grandma was yelling at the TV during her favorite soap opera.

Amidst this madness, Anvesh slipped me a piece of toast. “Here you go, Jimmy. Don’t tell mom,” he whispered. I wagged my tail, grateful for the secret snack.

Anvesh was my human. Lazy, according to his parents, but he always took care of me. Since I was a pup, he’s been sneaking me treats, taking me on walks, and giving me belly rubs.

Every evening, Anvesh takes me to the park. That’s my favorite part of the day. It’s where I meet my crew: Rocky, a hyperactive Labrador who thinks every stick is a treasure. Bella, a sassy Pomeranian with an attitude bigger than her size. Max, an old Golden Retriever who always gives us life advice.

“Jimmy, did you hear?” Rocky barked one day, his tail wagging furiously. “I almost caught a squirrel yesterday!”

“You always ‘almost’ catch them, Rocky,” Bella scoffed. “Face it. You’re too slow.”

“Excuse me?” Rocky puffed out his chest. “I’m fast. Just… not fast enough.”

“Focus, guys,” Max said in his deep, wise voice. “The real question is: what did you learn from the chase?”

I tilted my head. “Maybe not to chase things you can’t catch?”

Max nodded approvingly. “Exactly. Wise words, Jimmy.”

“Or,” Rocky added, “just try harder next time!”

We all laughed, knowing Rocky would never stop trying.

Anvesh has this habit of bringing me along on his dates. I think he believes I’m a chick magnet. Maybe he’s right.

There was one girl who smelled like flowers. She kept calling me “doggie.” Rude. I’m Jimmy, thank you very much.

Another one tried to give me a vegan treat. No thanks. I gave Anvesh a look that clearly said, “Not this one.”

Then there was Neha. She seemed promising—kind eyes, soft voice. But then she said, “I’m not really a dog person.”

That was the end of that.

“Why do I even try, Jimmy?” Anvesh sighed after another failed date.

I licked his hand. “Because one day, we’ll find her.”

It was a sunny afternoon in Jayanagar, and we were at the park as usual. I saw a mother dog with her puppies crossing the street. Something in me said I had to help.

I darted off, ignoring Anvesh’s calls. By the time I turned back, he was gone.

The streets were loud and unfamiliar. The scents of food stalls, traffic, and people overwhelmed me. I tried to find my way back, but every turn looked the same.

I ran up to a food vendor, hoping for help. He waved me off. “Shoo, stray!” he muttered.

I barked, trying to show him my collar, but he didn’t care.

Panic set in. I wandered aimlessly, dodging cars and bikes. People stared, some moved away, and others ignored me completely.

I whined, desperate for a familiar scent, but found nothing.

Just when I was about to give up, I saw her. She had kind eyes, a gentle smile, and a calm presence. She knelt down, speaking softly.

“Hey there, boy. Are you lost?”

Her voice was soothing. I wagged my tail weakly, hoping she’d understand.

She offered me water, which I drank gratefully. Then she fed me some biscuits.

“You’re a good boy,” she whispered, scratching behind my ears.

I nudged my collar toward her. She read the tag and smiled. “Jimmy, huh? Let’s call your human.” The tag in the collar had Anvesh’s name and contact number.

She pulled out her phone and dialed Anvesh. The first time he didn't pick the call and she made a sorry face at me. I was praying to the gods of dogs for Anvesh to pick up the call soon. I started wailing and she hugged me warmly assuring me she would try again. The second time after an agonizing pause I heard her. “Hello? Anvesh? I found your dog. He’s safe.”

I couldn’t hear Anvesh’s response, but her voice remained calm. “Don’t worry. I’ll stay with him until you get here.” shebthen gave him the directions of where they were. Looks like I was far away from home.

When Anvesh arrived, he looked frantic. His eyes were red, and his hair was a mess. The moment he saw me, he ran over, dropping to his knees and hugging me tightly.

“Jimmy! Oh, God, I thought I lost you,” he sobbed into my fur.

I licked his face, trying to comfort him. But I couldn’t stop my own whines. I was scared too.

“It’s okay, buddy. You’re safe now,” he whispered, holding me close.

The girl—my angel—stood nearby, watching with a soft smile.

“He’s a strong boy,” she said, handing Anvesh a bottle of water.

Anvesh nodded, wiping his tears. “Thank you. I don’t know what I’d do without him.”

She knelt beside us, placing a hand on Anvesh’s shoulder. “He’s lucky to have you. And you’re lucky to have him.”

As we walked home, Anvesh holding my leash in one hand and talking to her with the other, I knew. This was it. She was the one.

My mission was clear: bring them together. After all, Anvesh deserved someone special. And I was going to make sure he found happiness—just like he always did for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Silent Farewell: A Love Left Unspoken

Whispers of a Blue Rose